Rockwell Modern Company is composed of outstanding dancers selected from our training program, auditions and by invitation. The goal for this ensemble is to provide technical training while affording performance opportunities at varied venues throughout the tri-state area. Each dancer is refining and expanding their personal vocabulary and knowledge of dance by exposure to an In-house faculty of passionate, professional and educated instructors augmented by guest artists and master classes.
These pre professional dance companies make available to our community the widest range of quality dance through lecture-demonstrations, workshops, benefit concerts, community and professional performances (seasons). Company dancers experience and present a wide repertoire based on modern, ballet, contemporary ballet, and jazz. It is our goal to give each dancer a greater appreciation and understanding of the art of dance.
Artistic Director, Nikole LaChioma
• 2 Modern Classes OR 1 Modern and 1 Jazz or Jazz/Funk Class
• 2 Ballet Classes
• Company Choreography on Saturdays
• All Companies will have a minimum of 3 pieces of choreography and finale piece
• Performances: All company dancers are required to perform in A Winter Ballet,
Dancefest and/or DRA SUNY, SAM Benefit Concert and the End of Year Dance
Concert. YAGP, A Spring Ballet, Ideas In Motion and Parker Project
performances are optional but recommended.
• Company Fees: Pre Professional and Senior Company Fee - $800
Apprentice Company Fee - $750
Company Costume Fee: $150
Company Workshop Fee: $150 (August 26-30, 2018)
Master Class and Performance Fees: $350 (Estimated)
• Minimum 10 Dancers Maximum 20 in each Company